Tuesday, August 25, 2009

lisa nichols " no matter what " achieve your dreams

lisa a motivational speaker, personal coach and founder of Motivating the Teen Spirit. She has been recognized wt several awards for her dedication to bettering the lives of teens - and adults.



No Matter What: Lisa Nichols - Watch the best video clips here

http://www.lisa-nichols.com/Home.asp

lisa had a normal decent job and was good at it in her early twenties but she felt that she needed to be doing something more. searching for her purpose , her passion for who she wanted to be in this world.

she came accross the book by Stephen Covey, 7 habits of Highly Effective People


a part of the book had us to meditate. imagining we are in a funeral and it was our own. What would they say at our own funeral. how do they remember us by, what kind of person are we. he said " begin with the end in mind".

" i realized in my heart that i wasn't living the way I wanted to be remembered"

" the other things that struck me was that there are so many things i still wanted to do. like be with other people - like sit with my mom and paint her toenail or laugh hysterically with my dad until both our stomachs hurt. i wanted them to have those memories, but i was too busy for those kinds of things at the time"

" i think the most important things that the book has given me was the permission to write my own life. before i read the book, i hadn't let myself ' stand inside' the gift of speaking that God had given me. but i could tell that i had something special to give by the way people reacted to me when i spoke"

" in fact , every important decision i've mad since reading Covey's book has been based on that one question: How do I want to be remembered?"

I felt that we need to find our strength, our specialties and focus on it. make the most of the gift we have but be grounded. remember the people we have around us.

kita dilahirkan di muka bumi ini, semua ada tujuannya tersendiri. cari kekuatan diri. sumbangkan pada dunia. Insya Allah kita akan mati meninggalkan nama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin